What's A Tech Cooperative?
Fresh Ink will become a legally structured T Corporation (worker-owned cooperative) January 1st 2019. So what’s that? A worker-owned cooperative is an organization owned by multiple people who have an equal share and say in every element of the business — guided by governance, bylaws, cooperative principles, and volunteer board members.
We currently have two member-workers and follow the principles, governance, and more radical concepts of organization structures and practices. Get in touch if co-ownership and our mission pique your interest.
While each are independent and unique, cooperatives in practice follow these 7 principles:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Co-operation Among Co-operatives
- Concern for Community
Some cooperatives — including ours — practice:
- Consensus based decision making
- Radical transparency
- Open Book Management
- Flat organizational structure
Please be in touch if you are interested in any of the above!